6.22.2008

Keep On Keeping On.


Ready.

Set.


Jump.



Life is a funny thing.


Recently there have been a few things that have happened that have shown the humanity of things to me.

My dad was in the hospital a couple weeks ago because he thought he was possibly having symptoms of a heart-attack. Come to find out, he just needed to be taking his blood pressure medication. My mom's friend was given life-changing news about her pregnancy and ended up giving birth the next day in the hospital to her 14 week old baby (still-born).


Sometimes life seems to just race past you. You blink and it seems you've over-looked an entire year. Eternity is something I have come to realize I really have no understanding of. I remember learning as a little girl about either living eternally in heaven or in hell. Whenever I let my mind wander to thinking of that definition, I just lose myself for a moment. We really have no true concept of what that means. Everything on earth as we know it is so defined that things beyond this world (the spiritual realm) is not something that all of us can have a clear grasp on. But, whether we like it or not, we each choose to give God a chance or to just say, "hey, maybe later huh?" Life is pretty amazing to me. I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to be exposed to all aspects - the radically spiritual and the apathetic response to the knock on the heart's door. I've chosen for myself. And we all choose. I'm going to keep on keeping on, that's for sure.


To acknowledge my last post, I appreciate Carrie's comment. I don't even know who reads this or who knows about this.. but that was pretty nice to come to. :)
Things are better in that arena. I am still a bit annoyed about some things, but some things are clearing up. So things are on the up and up. Thankfully.



No comments: