1.22.2009

Life lessons.



I've been taking lots of notes lately.

On life.

On books I'm reading.

Notes about life.

I am reading "Velvet Elvis" (for the third time..) with a friend of mine.

I feel like I am getting so much out of that book.

My favorite reading has been Chapter 3.. and I'm just reminded of truth.

I love truth.

It excites me.. to the very core of who I am.

I'm a christian because it is true reality.. I've invested time and research.. (let alone personal experience) and know that, as Rob Bell reminds us in that book, "being a christian is to claim truth wherever you find it" (p. 81).

***

Here are some life lessons as of lately:

  1. I'm being reminded that each passing moment we only get once. Here. Now.
    *Make each moment count.
    Live life as you want today.. living life to the FULLEST.. because we will NOT get these opportunities again.
    --> Don't let the enemy get a foothold. We only get ONE life.
  2. God truly does work all things together for our good (Rom. 8:28).
    - Every trial is for strengthening our character
    - Every wrong decision God can use to show us why HE needs to direct our lives & what it is like to not live under His blessing.
  3. Do not hold grudges.
    Forgive & forget.
    If we don't, we do not truly show God's love & we let our hearts become hard & bitter.

I'm at a really good place in my life right now.

.. and I couldn't be happier. :)

No comments: